Thursday, August 16, 2012

Washington DC: Day Four- Monuments at Night and Thunder Storm

Sunday night Brent wanted to go out and see the monuments at night.  I had heard it was a pretty awesome experience so we saddled up for another night out on the town.

We loved this sign... apparently parralell parking is to concise for Washington D.C. to use.
The Lincoln Memorial at night.  It is really really prettym and SUPER crowded.  I thought I was going to loose Brent and at one point I did!
Here is the Korean War Memorial.  This is anout the time we saw a few drops of rain drizzle down from the sky.
This is the part where we heard thunder and saw lightening.  They actually closed this area but Brent didn't mind taking the chance.
Brent is such a good photographer.
After all the running around here is what we looked like.  If you thought it was raining a little I fooled you because it was totally pouring!
Brents Favorite license plate.  the "Taxation without representation" At first we thought it was a throw back to the day, but apparently it is because DC is taxed but doesn't have any representation.
I have to admit, the rain outside made it such a fun crazy night.  I wasn't expecting to be okay with it, but I really was.  The memorials at night are gorgeous, I will the washington memorial hadn't been underconstruction so we could have seen it all lit up.  The tower did have blinking red lights that are used to keep planes from hitting it.  There is the random fact of the day!

No comments: