Thursday, August 16, 2012

Final Day in Washington DC

Our flight didn't leave until the afternoon so we made sure to take advantage of the time we had.

Brent wanted to see the amazing view from the post office. We set the monopod with our expensive camera up against a pole and as it was snapping the picture it slide from the pole and landed directly on the lense... the 400 dollar lense... : (  it was sad to see for sure but it just changed what type of pictures we could take.  
This is in front of the post office.
The tower was closed because it was memorial day.  To bad it looks like it would have been an awesome view.
We then walked past the capitol building to the Supreme Court Courthouse... I don't think that is what it is called, but I like it better.

I love that I can find turtles everywhere.
That is a good looking boy.
The Supreme Court Court House
Here are some grorgeous flowers we saw along the way.


Here is the train station. 
I think this is Dupoint Circle.  I feel like we would go somewhere and there was just nothing around it.

Once we got all packed up we headed out to Arlington Cemetary with Erica, Spencer and Landon.
First we went to this memorial.  Can I just say that this memorial was HUGE!

On Memorial day they hand out roses to eveyrone who comes in to the cemetary.  It was fun to find and give put it on someones tombstone.
Can I tell you that we did this all wrong?!?!  We thought Arlington was just the rolling hills of whit tombstones, I had NO IDEA that it was full of memorials.  You think someone would have shared that info with us but oh well, we will have to come back in the future!
Cool views
Last picture, I hope this individual knows how loved they are.
I also didn't know Arlington was just down the block from the Lincoln Memorial.
From there we headed to the airport.  It was an exhausting but SUPER FUN Trip!

Thank you Erica and Spencer for hosting us!  You guys were wonderful and we can't wait to come out and have a more relaxing visit!

2 comments:

Erica and Spencer said...

I am so glad that you guys came out to visit us! We miss you so much so it was great to have you sleeping in our living room! :)

Brent said...

The picture at the post office makes me sad. You can tell the picture was taken as the camera was falling and my lens was about to be lost forever!