Thursday, June 30, 2011

Sam and Terri Anne: Day 3

Sam and Brent had decided that Sunday would be a great day to go admire the wonderful landscape that our Heavenly Father gave us! So we went off to Red Rock Canyon.

We are staring directly into the sun. Chloe was the only smart oe to actually look away!

Here is some of the rare beautiful landscape. Yes, I will openly admit it: I find VERY few redeeming features in the desert, but when you throw a little Green into the equation Even the desert can be pretty.

Terri Anne was such a good sport. While we were all out climbing on the rock she would watch and play with Chloe (who I am pretty sure wanted to be out there just as bad as we did!)

Brent and I climbing around. I always think I am not adventurous until I see something I can climb on and then I AM OFF! I loved it! Brent and I plan to go back to climb higher when it cools down a bit and when the Bar is finally over!

Although I love to climb I am not nearly as fast as Brent and Sam. They were usually 5 steps ahead of me, but I always caught up.
I think this is a very cute family picture. Terri Anne is pregnant in this picture, I hope I can look that good when it comes my time.


Family Picture at one of the overlooks. Can you tell Chloe looks tired?

At another stop along the 7 mile drive we found these hand prints which had been left by earlier civilization. Notice that my hand is hovering over one of the prints... Brent didn't think that was necessary I guess! There is one in the middle of us that you can see really well!

Two boys atop a cliff... Probably not a good idea! Luckily, thy both have amazing wives who are willing to be the voice of reason!
This is a tree we found on our drive. 1 Trillion points to anyone who can name what kinds it is!

Very nice view as we were headed out of the park.

Red Rock Canyon was pretty amazing. It felt so good to be out in nature and just enjoy fresh air and just enjoy this beautiful earth. Our next national park that we will be going to will be the Ring of Fire! I am hoping it is as much fun!

2 comments:

Maren and Blake said...

You guys are a busy bunch.

Cool Waters said...

The fake bush! :) I win! I win! Now, where is your makeout bench picture!?!