Monday, June 6, 2011

Remaking the house: Dresser

Lately my life has been pretty... Boring. I have been doing everything I can think of to try and get this house set up but no matter what I do it never seems to be enough. One project that I just recently finished was remaking a dresser I purchased on craigstlist. I spent $15.00 on the actual dresser.

I took everything out to our side yard, disassembled the hardware, and then got to spray paint ready to go! I spent $9.00 on spray paint.

This is my first spray. I was really nervous because I didn't want to sand down the wood. It would have been a lot of work, and I wasn't expecting miracles here but the more expensive spray paint did its job famously!

You can tell I had just gotten done at the gym and wanted to finish this before I went up and actually got ready for the day!

After I spray paint the entire thing I waited 6 hours and then moved it upstairs into the bedroom. It took me forever to get hardware that I thought would work okay. I also could not find the correct screw length for the life of me and had to go back and get 3 different packets of screws before they finally worked!
I spent $18.50 on hardware (more than I thought it would be!)

I really like the way it turned out. I had to repair a roller guide and a few of the drawer bottoms were falling out but overall I really think it looks nice.
I should have probably sanded it down but this dresser is a great fit for what we need it for!
Total cost: $43.50

4 comments:

Maren and Blake said...

Looks good!

Cool Waters said...

Nice work~ those dressers are tedious!

Erica and Spencer said...

That looks great! I'm thinking of getting a short dresser for our changing table and it might be a good idea to re-do one...

Brent and Mallory said...

I think it is, just remember though that the hardware is what is really expensive in the whole process! I would love to see what you could do with one though!