Thursday, March 25, 2010

To my future Children

This post is for my future children, because I know that one day they will experience the same. I thought writing this would be therapeutic and hopefully this post will prove to them that you can make it through anything. So here we go...
****
I HATE MY JOB!!! I don't just hate it, I day-dream about storming out swearing at customers and employees alike! This is something that I know I just need to "will" through but even going in for one more day seems like the worst punishment ever.
****
I wish I could stop, I wish I could just go in an divorce myself from my work. I wish I could just shut my brain off and function as a droid as if nothing really matters. I could wash cars, pick up customers and write contracts with no thought of how much I hate it or how I really feel and putting no effort into it.
****
I just can't do it! I just can't! Every manager just spews out stupid redundant pointless garbage published by corporate to put a good public relations spin on it. I can't honestly believe that any
of them are dull enough to believe what they are saying. Does lying or smiling through absurdities make them feel like they are speaking honestly? NO! Yet they keep doing it. And what happens if I do anything to unravel their perfect little Enterprise dream? Well lets just say they don't like it at all. I feel like I am losing my mind. I feel like I am losing out on everything I built up in college. I feel like I am doing a pointless job that is glorified to trick people into staying at a job that really could be performed accurately by a chimp... or at least a high school graduate.
So what to do in a situation like this? Tough through it. I would never feel good about giving up on a job for a month that would actually make us lot more money and put us in a much better situation for this summer, Brent's tooth, Fall in Budapest, and Winter Tuition. So here is my solution:
  • Don't try to enjoy it, just realize it sucks and that it will be over in a month
  • Take as much time off as possible... I have days off and I will use them with no consideration for how this may appear to my superiors
  • Don't give up on working hard, it is just who I am
  • Don't Stress, this isn't worth it. Just put in your hours.
AND MOST IMPORTANT: WHEN THERE IS A PARTICULARLY MISERABLE DAY, HOPEFULLY MY KIDS WILL HAVE AN AMAZING SPOUSE WHO WILL...
Take me out to Panda Express and Ice cream just so I can feel better and make it through another miserable day. Supports my crazy declaration of quitting and walking out because he knows I love him to much.
****
I know this will pass and none of this will seem as bad in the end but for now this is just a miserable part of my wonderful life.

6 comments:

Maren and Blake said...

amen! hopefully no one at work knows about this blog. be careful!

Cheryl & Eric said...

Some people find fulfillment through work. Others develop talents, follow interests, serve others, etc. In other words, find something outside work that provides meaning and excitement for the MONEY earned at work.

MOM

Cheryl & Eric said...

Some people find fulfillment through work. Others develop talents, follow interests, serve others, etc. In other words, find something outside work that provides meaning and excitement for the MONEY earned at work.

MOM

Cheryl & Eric said...

By the way, Erin is wrong. People who's mothers tell them NOT to get pregnant in Budapest do not get pregnant in Budapest!

Mom

Brent and Mallory said...

Don't worry maren no one knows about this blog. I am frustrated not stupid though!

Cool Waters said...

totally know how you feel...I cried a couple times with how much I hated my job!