Sunday, March 28, 2010

Caliah's First Bath

Look at our innocent Caliah-bear! She is just sitting by the door thinking she is going to go out for one last play before she has to come in and go to bed... little did she know that soon we were going to be getting her ready for her first bath!
Now we aren't terrible parents. We Love her but when Spencer commented on how bad she smelled we knew it was time to give her a bath. I was in charge of hosing her down, Brent held her (and got super clawed in the process, Spencer was in charge of the Shampoo application (suave kind) and Erica was on Camera duty!
Caliah was not happy, she freaked out really bad until Brent told me the water was burning so I turned on the cold and then she just started meowing SUPER SUPER LOUD, kept clawing but seemed a little more calm. Doesn't this picture break your heart?


A nice post-bath family picture
Caliah was so calm after. She just stayed wrapped in her towel and cuddled with me. We probably stayed together for a good ten minutes with her just letting me hold her.
All in all the bath lasted about one minutes and Caliah wasn't a huge fan, but if you saw the dirt that came off of her you would say it was worth it too! It should have probably lasted a little longer. I think baths will become a monthly family activity!

4 comments:

Eric and Cheryl said...

Don't expect Dad and I to wash Caliah when you are in Budapest. She isn't wild about us as it is. This would just seal the deal for her.

Maren and Blake said...

Next time you need to check the water. I would be screaming too.

Tiger said...

lol. I love that you have a cat! I so want one! Our freaking landlord says no. :( Well we're moving soon and Stew told me that when I start baby baking I get a kitty. So hopefully the new place will allow cats. :)

Tiger said...

by the way, this is your cousin, Kristina. I guess my name is all funky when I post to blogs. Sorry. :)