Sunday, January 25, 2009

25th and Smart!

Yes it is time again for updates! There are a lot of fun things going on in our life, well mostly Brent's but it is still exciting. As most of you know it was Brent's birthday on Wednesday and I didn't have time to make a cake or buy his presents until Friday. We had some friends come over to celebrate.

I made the cake but erica, bless her heart was willing to frost it, when I tried the cake fell apart

It is a beauty isn't it!

Brent didn't want a cake... he said it was because "he felt fat" I kinda didn't care so there it is!
I got brent ear phones and a rice cooker!

MOM AND DAD Brent wanted to say thank you for the crock-pot, every Sunday he makes some new concoction, this week it was BBQ ribs! They were AMAZING!

Brent's Birthday Celebration was a week long and worth it! The other great news is Brent got his grades back! He is in the top 30% (we think top 25% but they only go by increments of ten) and made the Deans List! Brent is being a little hard on himself but I couldn't be more proud! The most important thing is he kept his scholarship and got one of the top 5 grades in the class that will be most pertinent to his future career! Now it is all about getting a job so if you know a Lawyer or a Law firm that is looking for an intern feel free to let us know!

5 comments:

Maren and Blake said...

It looks like the birthday was fun. Well, Brent's face didn't show that. The cake looks yummy.

Brent, we are proud of your scores. I am glad to have a brother-in-law who is in the top 25% at BYU-Law.

Lindsey Boskovich said...

YOUR HUSBAND COOKS!?! YOU LUCKY DUCK! I wish Zach cooked but he would probably say the same about me. :) So i have no room to talk. ha ha ha... But once i am done with school my goal is to start cooking. :)

Audrey said...

OOOhhh, I love the blog layout, Mal. Happy Birthday, again, Brent! I also love the cake and the fact that you didn't care that he didn't really want one.

Also, congrats on being in the top 25% Brent.

Davis Family said...

Happy Birthday Brent!! What a nice wifey you have! And seriously Brent...eat some dang cake....fat??yeah right! Congrats on your grades.

Audrey said...

Mal, i also love your sweater in the pictures. It looks great on you!