Tuesday, December 31, 2013

September BYU Football!

Once a year, we try to get together to experience the glory of the BYU Football. Everyone who can make it work shows up.  This year Dad, Toren, Audrey, Austin, Brent, Harper and myself were able to attend.  There are a few common expectations when we attend.

First, I ALWAYS go and get a scalp treatment at the Paul Mitchell School.  A two hour head massage and hair treatment for $6.00!?!?!  Who can pass that up.  The boys kept the kids so Audrey and I could truly relax.

Second, we have pre-game lunch at Tucanos Brazilian Buffet. It is delicious but if you have it to frequently it is not a good.  

Third, we hit up the book store. I love getting new BYU gear!  Don't you love my cute shirt?!
Fourth, new this year is the BYU walk.  This is where the team walks from the bus to the locker room. This allows them to get pumped up.  It was pretty fun.
Finally, the game!  I wasn't suppose to go but then I really wanted to.  My Aunt Pattie and Cousin Jenny said they would take Harper.  I am SO grateful for such amazing family.  We went to the game and that is when a 3 hour long thunder storm started.  We sat under the bleachers and waited it out.  Of course we got soaked in the process.
The bleachers cleared out a little bit but true fans stayed around, and it was so worth it. 
The game was against Texas.  We were suppose to lose... bad, but they played terribly and we played probably better than we had all year.  It was such an enjoyable and memorable game!
I really love being able to make these fun family memories!  I hope it is a tradition that we can keep up for many many years to come!

No comments: