Sunday, May 29, 2011

My 24th Birthday

My 24th birthday, what is there to say? I woke early, a half hour earlier than normal. Brent had set his alarm early to get up and make me breakfast. He, however, rolled over and went back to sleep and I hit the shower! When I got out though he did have breakfast waiting for me!

Work was normal until lunch when Brent brought me cake and after lunch I received a second cake at work! By the end of the day I was CAKED-OUT!

After work we went to Dinner at BJ's which came Highly recommended for good reason! I had the deep dish pizza and a side salad while Brent opted for a sandwich with fries (they messed up the fries so we got two orders!)

Brent brought the presents to dinner. He gave me three but one did not arrive in time!

First present was Cotton Candy Perfume. It is my favorite. I am not one for smelling like a slower but if I can smell the wonderful fragrance of cotton candy all day you bet I will! Maybe next they will invent a French fry perfume... or bacon...

Just chillin' at dinner! We ate outside and it was REALLY windy. I had my hair wrapped up and tucked into the back of my shirt and it still got into my face the whole time!

After dinner they gave me a free chocolate chip cookie with ice cream! The wind blew out the candle at the exact same time I did... I guess I will never know if my wish came true!

SECOND PRESENT! I have been talking about this for YEARS and Brent delivered! He purchased a day at the SPA for me! So next Saturday I will be engulfed in a day of Massage, Facial, Pedicure and Hair Cut! I am so excited I can barely contain myself! I had an inkling he would get this for me but then I really thought he had decided not to! He tricked me all right!
After an Amazing dinner, we headed home. Brent was insistent that he made me a cake. I knew this couldn't true because he hasn't had hour to string together to bake a cake! So when I got home I was pretty surprised to find this...


He had found the time to go to the store and get 7 different types of cake to make on MEGA CAKE! These cakes are my favorite so he got a German Chocolate, Red Velvet, Mud Dog, Chips Ahoy, and Mint Chocolate cake. I was so full at that moment I couldn't even think about eating a bite.... The next morning however Brent might have found me...
I didn't end up eating the whole cake but I did make it through the red velvet and German Chocolate layers (my two favorite) before throwing it away.
Yesterday, I took advantage of my spa day. It was amazing to be pampered so much! The massage was intense. I have been working out and she took the liberty of finding all the lactic acid in my body and stirring it up! It hurt, but in a good way. I had never had a facial before so that was a fun new experience. My hair cut was really nice. I decided not to change to much but to just maintain the length and give me some fun new layers.

All in all this was a great birthday! At 24, I am blessed with way to much for my own good! I am so glad that I have such an amazing husband who loves and supports me (from travelling the world, working out, reading compulsively, to eating cake at 7 am, and all my crazy talk about going back to school!)

I have a feeling 24 is going to be a good year. It will be hard to top 23 though!

4 comments:

Erica and Spencer said...

So first of all...how do you mess up fries? When I read that I was a little surprised!

Second, when I read the title of your blog I totally thought, "who is turning 24? I swear Brent was older than that..." it took me a few seconds to realize I'll be turning 24 this year too! Wow! : )

I'm glad your birthday was great!

Brent said...

I ordered potato wedges instead of thin fries, so we ended up getting both!

Maren and Blake said...

You have a great husband that spoils you. Happy Birthday!

Cool Waters said...

Happy Birthday again :) Sounds fun...what was the third present?? Oh, never mind, it is us!