Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Conference Weekend: Saturday

Well, I told you all that I would write again and I am! Well to start some of you know that Kara came into town for conference weekend to see her dad and sisters (megs and jen). Well I don't know why they did it, but they let me tag along for the whole day! First they went and got pedicures but I had some homework I needed to finish up. After they came and picked me up! We first went to Kohls because Jenny is still on a mad hunt for a job and Kara thought that her wardrobe may be holding her back a little bit. After searching for about an hour we were able to find a really cute, and inexpensive outfit perfect for all of her interviewing needs!

After that we were STARVING! Kara had missed one food place since moving out to California which is KNEADERS. We had delicious Turkey, Bacon, and Avacado sandwhiches. I had been there a few times and wasn't too impressed but now I know what to get and it is a lot better! We just sat around and talked and it was nice to hear that Kara felt similarly about being a college graduate, to me. Which is we both enjoyed college but don't feel it prepared us for anything!
After that we ran around to different places, like Micheals and Shop-ko. After that we ran back to our place, where brent was diligently doing homework, to watch the second session of conference.
We had to stop at Shop Ko to get hair dye, since megan wanted to die her hair again. Well she got a different color than she did last time and it kinda turned out... the color of a fire truck... well we figured Uncle Bob was not going to like it at all, so Jenny and I ran to walmart and got an Ash color to dull the red. It look pretty in the end, but it was touch and go there at the end.
After that they invited me up to visit doug and the kids. Once we got up to their apartment in salt lake we made soup, salad and rolls which was all delicious. Doug then checked out my teeth to let me know what I need to get done which was super nice... after he finished, Evie took a turn to check out my teeth and she gave me a clean bill of health!
After dinner it was playing with Evie time and just chatting. Doug pulled out his class slideshows to show Jenny, Megan, and me what he deals with all day! There were a ton of gross things! Every lump, bump, or growth filled with infection and gross color was in that slide show and I decided to never become a doctor.
After relaxing and playing around it was time to go home! Jenny took me back down and brent and I relaxed for the rest of the night.
It was so much fun seeing Kara! I always forget how much fun it is to have family around and since Brent and I are so far away from Mine and His it is so nice that they included me in all the fun! It was a great day! Stay tuned for Conference Weekend: Sunday! It is going to be a lot of fun!

2 comments:

Maren and Blake said...

Pretty much Kara is the best. I sure love her and am jealous you got to spend time with her and the fam. Just think, you will be overwhelmed with family by the end of the summer. You are almost a college graduate, wahoo!

Audrey said...

A pedicure sounds amazing right now...let's add that to the list of things to do over the summer.