Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Eight Years Together

Eight years ago, I married this weirdo... Best decision ever. We couldn't get a babysitter for the actual date, so we went out on Saturday instead.  Here are the 8 reasons why I love this man more today than I did 8 years ago as well as what we did for our date night.

We went to a nice-ish restaurant called The Sparkling.  It was all high end food but really reasonable prices.  We decided to go all out and started with Bacon-wrapped Date and Meatballs.   The first bite wasn't amazing, and then it was beyond amazing!

1.He keeps getting better and better looking.  (Look at the man, I'm not making this up.  It's not fair!)
For the entree I decided on the Tempura Shrimp and Mushroom Pasta.  Amazing.  Brent went with the Pesto Sausage Pasta.  His was really good but I still preferred mine.  The waiter suggested we get some grilled french bread to accompany our pasta and he was right.  It was perfectly grilled and flavored.
This was my dream, mainly that I had a dream about it.  Three desserts!  Creme Brulee, Cheesecake and Flourless Chocolate Cake. This was one of the best ideas I have had in a while.  They were all delicious but the chocolate cake was so dense and rich that we couldn't finish it.

2. He is extremely motivated.  He'll get ideas and start projects without me knowing.  When he finally does get around to telling me I'm usually blown away with everything he has accomplished. 
After gorging ourselves on really delicious food, we went to the next romantic location, Chuck-e-cheese, for some friendly competition.

3. The boy is goofy.  It takes a lot of convincing to get him to actually smile in a photograph because he usually sticks out his tongue or makes a weird face.  I love that he is goofy because it helps keep us young.  We might still be young now but the mortgage, two kids, career, bills and everything else have made us grow up a lot, but Brent's goofiness will keep us young for years to come.
We go to chuck-e-cheese for three machines.  The football one, skiball, and basketball. This of course become our tri-athlon.

4.Brent is up for anything at any time.  I can say that I want to go hiking at midnight  and he'll go put on his shoes.  It is this attribute that give us so many wonderful memories and experiences.
I actually rock the football game.  You have two minutes to score points.  I won 2 out of the 4 games, and I had the high score of the night.

5. Brent is the Best Dad.  He comes home from a high stress job and immediately starts playing with the girls.  He takes breaks from work to walk us into the gym so he can see the girls during the day.  He plans adventures to take Harper (and one day London) on, he wants to be involved in every aspect, he wants them to know how much he loves them and he is super thoughtful.  I am pretty lucky, but so are Harper and London. 
I am TERRIBLE at basket ball.  Brent won 3 out of 4 games BUT I did get the high score of the night by 3 points.

6. Brent loves Adventure.  He has a 17 page list of places he wants to go and things he wants to see. Travelling together is amazing because I get to tag along for the ride.  As long as I manage getting to the location, Brent handles the rest.  I love him for it.
Ski-ball is usually pretty close, with me edging Brent out a good amount of the time. I had one unbelievable game, but the machine wasn't working right so my score wasn't recorded correctly (Brent and I agree on this point,) but we did agree that I did come home with 2 out of 3 wins and the high score for the night.

7. Brent is a really good man.  He is helpful, kind, supportive and an all around good guy.  I've yet to meet someone who doesn't like him.
Brent gave me the win for the night... he then went on for twenty minutes about how the basketball game didn't get all his points (it did, I was watching).  

8. Brent is the best husband. He'll run out and get me a burger at 9 pm (he usually wants one too), give me a night off, give me a back rub when my neck hurts, put up with my moodiness, text me all day everyday because I miss him and he will follow me around while I am on the phone despite the fact that he has to hear the same stories over and over again.  We say "I love you" a ridiculous amount and work hard to make sure we will always be best friends.
I married up for sure.  Brent was the best decision I ever made.  I can honestly say I would take him with me everywhere if I could.  My life is just better when he is around.  Our date was a little unconventional.  As we left Chuck-a-cheese the attendant said "Just you two?  Oh ya, you were the only two that came in without kids."  Yes girl, we were and it was a perfect time!

No comments: