Saturday, June 30, 2012

Washington DC: Day Two- Smithsonian

Seriously, we did to much in Washington DC because it is over a month later and I am still blogging about it.  After the capitol we ran over the Smithsonian's.  There are a ton of them which is why we met up with Erica and Spencer.  First stop was the Air and Space Museum.
This is where Brent and I discovered that we really have no interest in Air and Space (sorry all NASA and space lovers.)  We walked around for about a half hour and then discovered we were done.
This is when we moved on to the sculpture Garden.  We do have a severe interest in funny poses though.
Spencer and I becoming part of the statue!
Glass House.  I am never sure what these type of sculptures represent but I do love looking at them. 
Brent observing the world...  Or at least looking at a giant brass ball. You decide.
After this picture was taken I got several compliments for people sitting near-by.  Apparently, my funny photos are actually funny to some people.  Who would have thought?
Does this look familiar?  If you are a bones lover then it should!  This is where the laboratory is set!  There was no need to go in, since I am guessing the actual inside does not look anything like the show.
It was off to another museum, where an original dumbo was displayed from the Dinseyland theme park. It was talking about modern culture, I think Disney paid to have their memorabilia on display.
A piece of the Berlin Wall! I love going into museums and never knowing what I am going to find!
This is for Kalen (who, I am pretty sure, doesn't read my blog).  It is a full size elephant!
The last stop on our museum tour was the hope diamond.  It is the largest diamond in the world.  It was pretty but I am okay not owning it, at least for now!
The museums were fun, but so so so crowded!  I really need to travel on off weeks instead of the busiest times of year.  

1 comment:

Brent said...

I liked how that globe thing was the same one we saw in the Vatican Museum, only smaller. I wonder what it really is?