Sunday, November 27, 2011

My First Thanksgiving!

This will be the first of four posts about Thanksgiving!  This was my first time cooking, and we were lucky enough to have Brent's parents, sister and brother in-law (+ three kids) in town for the event.   

Now onto the dinner!
I am not going to lie, I hated 99% of the cooking.  It was just such a chore.  It was so much money, and so much work for 20-30 minutes of enjoyment?  I don't get it!  I don't even like turkey and all the fixings that much, I told Brent our family may have to adopt a new thanksgiving tradition.  I was thinking it would be fun to just have each member of the family choose 1 item of food they are most thankful for and prepare that to create a meal.  That way we can at least each food I like.

Luckily, my lack of enthusiasm for the task still lead to a great meal for everyone.  They were so nice about how the food tasted.  I decided that all you need to have a great Thanksgiving dinner is butter and sugar.

Now for a few things I am thankful for this year:

BRENT!  He is always my number one thing that I am grateful for.  no other man could put up with me AND deserve me all at once!

My family. No matter what's going on I can always expect love and teasing from my family.  I am so grateful for all the support and realistic outlooks they provide me with!

Our house.  We are so lucky to finally have a little home which reflects my taste and is a place of peace and calm (sometimes!)

My experiences.  I have seriously lived such an incredible life!  Looking through past blogs and pictures I have really been given a life of fun, adventure, and excitement.  Although it is not every second it is sure more than I deserve and I am grateful that I have been able to have lived through everything I have!

2 comments:

Maren said...

The food looks good and I hope you didn't do all the cooking. That's why there are tons of people there, to help! We sure did miss you. If you feel like getting away for Christmas, I know 2 little boys who would love to see their aunt and uncle.

eric and cheryl said...

Now you are beginning to understand while my favorite holiday is the Fourth of July. It's the only holiday that doesn't leave me exhausted!

Mom