Saturday, March 28, 2009

Festival of Colors

Well, Brent is in full finals mode, but that doesn't mean that I can't have my fun too! Well, I have a small list of things that I want to do before I leave Provo. One of those things was attending the festival of Colors. Now I did a post on the Krishna Temple a few weeks back and we found out when the Festival of Colors were. So Jenny and I decided to go.

Over 10,000 people show up every year so we had to park only two blocks away, some people had to park almost three miles away! That is why we decided to go an hour early!
The Festival Started at 4:00 pm, but the colors were until 5:30 so we kept ourselves busy by feeding the llamas and looking around.
The we just relaxed on the Lawn watching the dancers. The main guy was kinda crazy, you could tell his rhetoric was sometimes aimed at the Large LDS population, which was kinda funny!
So the Above was a picture before, and some of you may ask what happens at this festival, well they light a "witch" and then everyone throws colored chalk everywhere, here is what the madness looks like!

The First picture was before the Festival, this is right after where the color is still in the air a little bit!

Here is how we looked when we came out! It was crazy and I am positive it is going to be hard getting the chalk out of the car!

It was a lot of fun, but I doubt I will go again without Brent. It was terrible not having him there, but it was fun to cross one of the things off my list! If you ever live in Provo you should definatley make a stop by the Festival!

2 comments:

emmalou said...

Mallory, I'm so glad you posted the link on facebook so I could read these updates on you. I'm really impressed with all the sewing/quilting projects you have done! That's great you will be in Oregon this summer, too. Your blog is really fun to read. So thanks!

Maren and Blake said...

Fun fun! I want to see the picture of your pink hair.