Tuesday, October 16, 2012

San Diego!

Do you know how fun the beach is?  Oh, I do!  I love the beach and luckily I have an amazing husband who loves the beach as well.  In fact, over labor day, Brent and I decided to hit up San Diego to celebrate our 5 year anniversary (okay, that was more of a coincidence) and get some sun. 

Brent ended up driving over early Friday for work and then his work paid to fly me over after I got off work.  This is a GREAT way to travel.  I arrived late and we went to bed.  We ended up staying at James and Erins (who we travelled with) grandparents condo, which sit directly on the beach!

The next morning we work up early and hit the beach.  This is actually north of San Diego at Oceanside.  It was really a fabulous way to start our day.
James spent his time playing with Jadie and boogie boarding with Brent and I.  Jadie, who is two, was a little afraid of the water, so James made fun games out of getting her in and used to the waves.
I have to admit, I am awesome at most anything that involves water.  Brent is always super impressed with how well I ride waves.  90% of the time I try to ride a wave I get it.  I think I got smacked in the back with a wave in this picture.
James, Erin and Jadie playing in the sand.  Brent and I can't seem to sit still at the beach.  We can only seem to relax for a few minutes until we are ready to play again.
Brent and James did have some boy time.  They walked all the to the pier (about 3/4 miles) and let the current push them back down to us.
Jadie and Erin relaxing.  Jadie manages to make friends where ever she goes!  There were several times she would have little friends falling her around.
Brent and James playing in the waves.
After we finished at the beach, Brent and I headed down to San Diego for some exploration!
We went to Balboa Park.  This is the Japanese Garden.  Maybe it is because I have been there but I wasn't terribly impressed.
Here is another garden, this was WAY more COOL!
I might have over-hyped that.  It was cooler but still not amazing.
Here is probably why it was way more cool.  In the pond outside the botanical garden turtles were swimming around!  Who doesn't love turtles!
I don't think you are suppose to touch the turtle... but I did!
The rest of Balboa Park (which was kinda a bust from what we were expecting) we headed to the Loma Lighthouse. There was a whale watching area.  
We didn't see any whales but there were some great views.
It was a great beginning to a very fun day!  Stay tuned for more!

1 comment:

Brent said...

hard to believe that was all the same day and it is only part of what we did!