Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The New Year!

Happy NEW YEAR! I know I know, this is a little late, but I figure it is better late than never. Honestly, for the New Year Brent and I were asleep by 9:30 pm. Jet lag sucks. So I thought we would post a few of our Resolutions from last year and a few for this up-coming year!

Mallory 2010:

Travel to another continent- When I made that goal I had no idea that Budapest was even an option. It was really a huge blessing, and many blog post!

Lose 15-20 pounds and Keep it off- I am so proud of myself. I feel a whole lot more confident and healthy. Now I am trying to maintain and get toned, the battle is still not over!

Have 2010-2011 Tuition saved up- My goal to end lawschool debt free looks like it will be coming true! I am really proud of Brent and me! Even with Europe we were still able to pay for Law School without any loans!

Brent 2010:

Read 25 books- He more than accomplished this. We were both in a huge reading zone this year! It was really nice

Read the New Testament- President Monsen challenged us to do this and Brent took it to heart, I am still working on it!

Mallory 2011-
Read "Jesus the Christ", Take a relaxing vacation (sorry Europe was very high stress, but worth every second of it!), Visit 4 new temples,, and take and EMT Class.

Brent 2011-
Read the Old Testament, Read 40 Books, Stay under 193 lbs, 1 act of service a month, Take Mallory on a date 1 a month (no I did not put him up to this, but I am excited!).

I thought New Years Resolutions were really stupid when I was younger. I always figured if you wanted to change you could start anytime. Although that is true, I like having the New Year as a starting point. I set ten goals last year and I accomplished 7 of them, this year I am going for 8! Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Cool Waters said...

That's funny, I wanted to be an EMT at one point! And...we just got wii fit plus so toning needs can be taken care of here! AND I want to do some spin classes at the biking shop over here, you should join!

Maren and Blake said...

You can do it. Where's the 'give my sister a new neice or nephew' resolution

Anonymous said...

Good New Year's goals. On the negative side I didn't notice Graduate from Law School. On the positive I didn't notice move in with Parents. Good Luck!

Mom