Sunday, July 11, 2010

Huntley Beach Trip

So I am going out of order (Meaning I am going to Blog about the Barnett Visit and Fourth of July Later!), and this is a really long post but I just got home and I wanted to blog while it is fresh in my mind! So This weekend (before Blake and Maren even left) we took off for Pacific City to met up with the Huntley Clan!
With in an hour of getting there Brent was already soaked while learning to skim boarding!
He actually got really good! I was impressed. I have no balance so I didn't even bother to try although now I wish I would have!
Brent teaching our niece Tyler how to Boogie Board. Last summer Brent tried to learn himself and it wasn't pretty but Tyler did a really great job learning how hit the waves at the right time!
Later that day we headed down to the beach! Picture moment!
This is where we are at! The rock is haystack rock, and we decided to hike the bluff (which is on the far right of the screen). To climb it there is about 100 feet of straight up hill sand, and then a few sheer cliffs, no biggie!
I was super impressed that Huntley and Tyler (as well as some of the other kids) joined us! Just us girls chatting away!
View of Haystack rock from the top
This is the "Little Mermaid" Rock we found at the top of the bluff!
Brent is owning the world!
It was super windy and my bangs were not being very helpful at all! I now feel like the little Mermaid!
There were two bluff areas and the girls and I were done on the second bluff so we headed back! I got a ton of pictures of the girls! I think they were sick of it but they will appreciate it when they are older!
Tyler was nice enough to take this wonderful picture of Huntley and I!
This is the view from the bottom! Those earlier pictures were taken on top of the cliff where the sun is!
This is a cool little cove that Christina and I found and couldn't help getting a picture! I already look a little burned!
or two! Isn't Christina adorable!

Gorgeous Panoramic of the ocean from our back porch!!!
On the second morning, I was going to get up and go for a jog on the beach, but Brent woke up so we decided to go on a bike ride to the tide pools! The tide was out so far it was amazing! Look at all those gorgeous starfish!

Look at all these wonderful muscles around! I love the secret little tunnels!
Because we were at the beach sand was EVERYWHERE! Here is Micheal (5 years old), who was busy trying to sweep it all up from the carpet.
On the Second Day, Mike bought a kite and it was super fun to learn how to fly them! Brent working hard to make the cheapy kite fly.
Here is me flying the nice kite! It was really fun and I wish I had more time to really master it! Brent and I decided it would be a great investment for any beach trip!
Overall this was a really really fun trip! It was just two days of biking, hiking, climbing, swimming, flying kites, eating (WAY WAY WAY TOO MUCH GOOD FOOD) and shopping a little bit (2 pair of nice jeans for $25?!?! I love you Old Navy Jeans!) It was a super fun weekend and I could really use more of them often! Any other fun vacation plans for anyone else?

1 comment:

Maren and Blake said...

It looks like it was a great trip.