Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Old Mormon Fort

Sometimes you just need to get out and see things.  Especially when it is April in Las Vegas, and you know in one month it will be too hot to even look outside!  When I worked at U.S.VETS, I was less than one block away from something called the Old Mormon Fort.  I always wanted to go but never did.  Thanks to Audrey and Austin we decided to finally make the trek.
I thought this might be a church sponsored site but it wasn't, and you could tell.  They had some cool things out, like this wagon Austin was enjoying.
For the most part it was just a lot of empty dusty space.
Harper didn't really mind... or even notice for that part.
We did try putting her in a tree.  I swear she has been teething since she was three months old and continues to chew on EVERYTHING in front of her!
There was a cool little stream that went through the site.  Note: it is sad to me that this is considered a cool little stream.
You can see we were really struggling for things to do once there.


Brent is seriously so cute with Harper!
She was just giving us a narration of how she feels about bridges.
There was a little building that had some items from back in the days of the early settlers, but not many.  I believe at one point Austin was carrying around a large sword or maybe a stick.  Either way the kid found something to entertain himself!
Cool little stream.  I offered to help the little girl across but apparently I don't look very trustworthy!
What a cute pair!
I am pretty spoiled in terms of historical locations.  I usually like to get the full skinny, but the pioneer time period is just not one that I have any interest in.  This post was kinda dull, I understand, but at least the pictures are there and now I can say I have been to the Old Mormon Fort.

No comments: