Saturday, September 27, 2014

Boston Sunday Evening

As I mentioned, I was sick with food poisoning.  We cut the Freedom Trail a little short so Harper and I could nap. Harper did not take too kindly to that notion and woke up after a half hour (the girl isn't about to waste her vacation sleeping!).  Brent was a saint and took Harper to China town letting food poisoned pregnant mama to sleep.
She enjoyed her food and all of the cultural experiences!
After bringing me some soup we went out and explored Copley Square.  This was a church and we were able to catch the end of their services. 
I prefer to have pictures with people in them, for memories sake, and Brent prefers the more artistic shots.  We usually compromise.
This is the John Hancock Tower.  Brent told me that at one point the glass was not secure and it would sometimes fall off the building and kill people on the sidewalk.  If that isn't good architecture, I don't know what is!
The Church in the reflection.
This is usually what Harper and I are doing while Brent is being Mr. Photog
Across the Square from the church is the library.  As we were walking over I did witness a homeless man throw up on himself without even waking up, it was really sad and made me miss working.  This statue reminded us of the statue of Anonymous in Budapest.
We then walked from the square to go look at another church. We passed this great firestation!
This is the first church of science. Not scientology, like I thought, but the first church of science.  Of course we thought it was open until 9 pm but it was only open until 4:30.  We were simply three hours late!  Gorgeous building though!
Another view.
The afternoon didn't turn out quite as educational as the morning but it was still a really enjoyable walk!

No comments: