Sunday, July 8, 2012

Washington DC: Day Three- The George Washington Masonic Memorial/BIRTHDAY DAY!

Day Two, or more importantly BIRTHDAY DAY!  After waking up Spencer and Erica made me a delicious breakfast of fruit waffles and eggs!
Landon was really into the party as well.
After breakfast we hit the metro (ugh) for Alexandria, which was on the other side of the city.  Our first stop was The George Washington Masonic Memorial.  
It was a really long, hot hike to the top, there was pretty green grass and bushes though. 
I wonder what this sign is for...  I guess we will never know.
After hiking back down (because the memorial didn't open until 1:00 pm even though the website said 9:00 am), we headed into town.  Apparently kisses can be used instead of money.
Not sure what this is for, but it is kinda awesome.  Random stuffed horse. 
Alexandria really did feel very quaint. Walking through a small town, where nothing opened until at least 11:00 am.
I have to be honest. I was grumpy this day.  I know it was my birthday (which is pretty much my personal Christmas) but I was exhausted, hormonal and just grumpy.  I am so grateful I have a husband who will put up with me, when I can't snap myself out of it. 

2 comments:

Brent said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you liked your present of having to walk only half the day!

Cool Waters said...

That's funny, I took my picture at the "Kiss and Ride" sign too when I was in DC! Only it was in the Subway :) Happy Birthday too, friend!