Friday, September 30, 2011

Seattle Parks

Saturday and Sunday were relaxing but Monday was a day to get things done! Brent decided that he wanted to be tourist in Seattle! It was a great idea and I was totally excited, until I looked out the window and saw a steady downpour of rain. that is when I became less excited about the prospect of walking around outside all day. When we were in London is rained, but since we were in London it was exciting, not daunting. Despite the rain we took off for Seattle!

Our first few stop were Parks, which is exactly what I wanted to do in the rain ;) 
Carkeek Park was the first place we went. Brent said this park had a great view of the Olympic Mountain range.   
 I am sure he is right but because of the overcast sky we couldn't really see anything.
At the Park there were  some funky statues.  I really liked tis one.
The park was right next the the oceans.  I was tempted to jump on in, but decided against it.
I loved the funky algae covered rocks on the ocean side.
Another statue in the park.
The second park we went to was the Golden Gardens park.  Half the park was beach and the other half was harbor. We saw a class of scuba divers swimming back and forth between the two.
Perhaps our flash was a little to bright?

The parks were really fun. It was hard to do anything but get out of the car and look around and then go to the next place. We plan to do the parks again in the future when it is nicer so we can actual hike and enjoy the surroundings!

No comments: