Sunday, April 11, 2010

Follow Through

Sometimes I feel like I have zero follow through. That I say I am going to do something and then forget or get side tracked or just change my mind. Well here is one story about when I followed through.
I am currently working at enterprise, and it is going.... well it is going. One of the down sides is I feel a little trap to their standards which makes me feel I have no time to be myself (a little crazy, a little spontaneous, and a little more fun) Well I have been missing that side of myself and so I had decided a while ago (FEBRUARY) that I wanted a part of that back and was going to dye some of my hair purple. Well NO ONE liked that idea. Brent had a point when he reminded me that enterprise would not enjoy the color change and so I didn't but I SWORE I WAS GOING TO THE FIRST CHANCE I GOT...
Now I am two weeks away from leaving Provo for about 8 months. I am leaving Enterprise, and becoming a Camp Director and then moving to Europe. I knew if there was ever going to be a chance where I could get away with some funky hair this was it. So last night I made good on my promise to dye my hair.
WARNING: MY FACE IS REALLY SHINNY THANKS TO THE FLASH ON MY CAMERA BUT I SWEAR I AM NOT OILY OR THAT BLOTCHY IT IS JUST THE FLASH!
Here is a before shot. My hair was curled yesterday.
(The shirt I am wearing was an XXL that I got from a job interview I went to in which they gave me a shirt, a hat, a $25 gift card to Chili's even after I turned them down! Great company!)
What an innocent little chunk of hair!

After: See you can barely even tell!
Oh wait... now you can!
This was what my hair looked like when I went to church today. I received a lot of compliments from people. Everyone said it was really fun or kept there mouths shut.

I am pretty happy with the results. It isn't a drastic change, it isn't a big deal but Doing something a little crazy and outside the lines feels really good. I am not exactly sure what they are going to do at work tomorrow. I am working on figuring our how to braid it and pin it underneath all my other hair so I can at least keep my job for another two weeks until I FINALLY GET TO QUIT. What do you think about it? Go ahead and vote on my poll!

4 comments:

Cheryl & Eric said...

Try dying Easter Eggs next time. You can still use a lovely color of purple.

Mom

Maren and Blake said...

You will just get a written warning. It's not that big of a deal. Pull your hair into a low ponytail.

Cool Waters said...

And I shall dye a part of my hair pink!! okay just kidding.

Victoria Elder said...

I love it! That's great you did what you WANTED and didn't care if you were going against the grain! well i know if i was in camp & my camp leader had some cool color in her hair I'd love her more