Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Some Catching Up!

Well, today Brent and I took our first personal day since moving to Oregon and went to the beach... but you will have to wait to see that post because I am two posts behind! First I have to tell everyone about our Memorial Day! It was a ton of fun and I can't believe I have put off telling about it for this long!
Well, on Memorial (which was the day after my birthday dinner!) we all wanted to do something fun, but didn't want to drive very far. The solution? Heading to Kmart and purchasing food for a killer BBQ and a Badminton set. There was talk of a croquet set but I poo pooed that idea immediately. Here are the results:

Audrey and I quickly became the team to beat. Our technique was flawless, game plan unsinkable and overall teamwork was something only the gold medalists USA women's sand volleyball team know about!

Audrey was our designated server because her wicked birdie spike was only able to be returned if the opponent had stored blessings from above.

Kalen and Dad were our main opponents and they were not to be taken lightly. The solution was easy... a little bit of smack talk! I got in Kalen's head pretty good! I was walking around in there and touching EVERYTHING!!!! She simply could not handle it! They put up a good fight and we appreciate their good team spirit!
Ahhh... Do you see the eye of the tiger within me! I am preparing to strike! This is the moment right before miracles happen!
While we were playing some 'mitten mom was in diligently preparing an amazing macaroni salad! As always she out does herself! Doesn't her long hair look cute! I can't believe she is thing about cutting it! Stay strong momma bear!

Brent was also helping out with the cooking area! His burger cooking technique is so famed that mom and dad couldn't help but assign him the task! They turned out amazing! Well this is just one more reason I married him! Brent's vision is also fading a little so he is wearing his glasses more and more but that is OK because I really like the way they look!
It was such a fun day! A lot of great memories! Audrey and I were the most undefeated team although Toren and Brent may argue that they won a couple of times, but it is really of no concern! Brent and I did play mom and dad, which was really fun. The younger team was victorious, but I think the match was what was really so much fun!
Stay tuned because I will be doing 1 post a day for the next two days!

5 comments:

Brent and Mallory said...

I believe Toren and I were the only unbeaten team and we killed you girls every game....now who has the selective memory
-Brent

Cool Waters said...

Looks like fun! We did some smores this last weekend and we miss you guys! You sure you can't make it over Pioneer Day weekend for an awesome three day, two night campout! It would be so much fun! (I even made a shout-out to you guys on our post fyi)

Davis Family said...

Sounds like fun! I'm lovin the smack talk. You go girl!

Maren and Blake said...

I bet Blake and I will give you a run for your money when we come out. consider it on!

jnj said...

That sounds like it was a lot of fun! I can't believe how long your mom's hair is! Goodness. Please, if she hasn't done so already, don't let he cut it.