Friday, June 12, 2009

Beach Trip

So since Brent and I have been in Portland we have been so good about not spending money on food or other things (mainly because mom and dad have been so supportive), but we did decided that we needed a little break before I get no breaks for the rest of the summer. So we decided to head out for a day at Pacific City Oregon.
While there we found the rock that Ariel (from the Little Mermaid) sang on while day dreaming about her Prince.

WE also found this neat little cave. Man I look so tired and I didn't even realize it! Brent looks amazing as always!

All of these pictures were taken on my new camera, which Brent's Parents got me for graduation so this picture took us about 5 minutes to take because we were attempting to figure out the timer! It worked and I love this camera. It is amazing!


We got there just before the tidal pools were beginning to fill so we hurried and look around? How many Starfish can you find!?!?!?! They were all over the place and unlike seaside you can get really close to these guys without people yelling at you!


Brent posing on top of the rocks!


Next to all the tidal pools was this mountain bluff thingy with an Oasis looking thing on the top. I am pretty sure we weren't suppose to be up there but we climbed it anyway! Brent was such a better climber than I am. His legs get tired and I just don't breath well, but his legs can hold out til the top... my lungs just can't!


Look at this cool Panoramic setting that my camera has. I love how it works. You take one picture, and then line up the edge of the first picture to get the second frame, and do the same for the third. You can see the little Oasis Bluff we climbed to, it is the one closet to the Ocean!


Well ever since last summer I have wanted to play in the Ocean and I finally got to! The whole plan was to go boogie boarding but only had one board and Blair's short wetsuit. Well we went to the surf shop to get Brent a wet suit and a boogie board. The package for Brent was $25 dollars for a wetsuit, boots and the board for four hours... Well the lady was so worried about me she gave me a wet suit and boots for $5.00. She was so nice and I would highly recommend her if anyone is going to Pacific City any time soon! I was so mad because I couldn't wait to tell everyone about the great deal, but I never got a chance! Brent told EVERYONE before I even got a chance!

Well for anyone who placed bets I was by far the superior Boogie Boarder! It took me a couple tries to remember what I was doing and the waves weren't amazing but it was a lot of fun! It reminded me that I will always be a mermaid at heart and that I was really always intended to be in the water.
The best part is while I was heading back out after riding a wave I saw a seal (full grown) only 25 yards away from us! His head was just poking out of the water and he was looking around. I started freaking out and yelling to Brent to look but without his glasses and enough notice he missed him. Luckily Freddie made a second appearance and Brent got a good look!
We saw so many different animals from fish, Starfish, a seal, a rabbit, pelicans, hawks, and all sorts of other stuff! We finished out our day by eating at a little Dinner called Fat Freddies Diner. We thought it looked like a dive and would be inexpensive but a meal was $9.00 and a milkshake was $5.25! It was more expensive then we thought it really needed to be but it was good either way. I made sure to get some really good Clam Chowder which I think is a must whenever visiting the Coast!
Overall we had such a great time, and remember how much we really enjoy spending time together besides sitting at home after a long day at work! It was a nice refresher and all the pictures revealed how exhausted I looked so I have to start taking better care of myself!

7 comments:

Maren and Blake said...

That does sound like a fun day at the beach. I would love to rent wet suits and go boogie boarding. I guess $25 isn't that expensive, especially when you are paying $5.

What kind of camera do you have? I want one SO bad and Blake had finally agreed. I like the panaramic feature. Tell me tell me tell me!

Cool Waters said...

I need your help blogger! I can't remember how to put picutres in your "banner" thing at the top of the post. I updated my background and all that jazz. Email me on facebook or something. Also, were you guys at Haystack Rock? I went to the coast and took a pick of it and won a contest! It's so beautiful.

Erica and Spencer said...

Once again...totally jealous! I wish that the ocean would come to Utah even if only for one day. I would take that entire day off and go to the ocean.

Eric and Cheryl said...

WOW! So glad you got to tell us all about your great deal on the wet suits. First I've heard of it.

Mom

Davis Family said...

Oh I'm jealous! We love the ocean...especially the Oregon Coast. Everyone says that California beaches are the best and that the Oregon Coast is just boring and cold. I DO NOT agree! I love the scenery, tidepools, rocks and wind. I used to go there as a kid every summer and we went there on our honeymoon. Love it! Great pics!

Davis Family said...

So I've never heard of the show wipeout, but anything that includes the word wipeout is probably a good fit for Brent. Nope sorry can't move in....haha, but you can come visit!

jnj said...

It looks and sounds like you two had a ton of fun! I'm wicked jealous but it also made me even more excited for my trip to California next week. I'll let you know how it went.