Monday, October 31, 2016

Bedroom Remodel

Brent recently went on a photography trip for 5 whole days.  I thought I was going to go crazy so I planned to surprise him with a bedroom remodel.  I have been wanting to do this for over a year but I refused to spend two thousand dollars on a bedroom set.

Here is the before.
 Everything in this room was less $50 altogether (minus the bed which was not much more)
 So I bought a bedroom set from a yardsale group for $160 and decided to refinish it all.  I found some fabric at walmart that I loved, so I purchased some particle board and batting and made myself a head board.  I couldn't figure out how to change our lamps to make them work and I didn't want to spend $100 on lamps.  Luckily $5 mod podge fixed that problem right up.
 I used chalk paint to finish the dresser, nightstands and desks to a nice royal-navy blue and spray paint to fix up the lingerie dresser. One thing I had to learn after 8 trips to the store was that spray paint to finish up the dresser. 
 One pet peeve of our previous bedroom was nothing on the walls.  It was so lonely looking.  I came up with this idea from a tv show I was watching.  I went to Goodwill to find some frames I could refinish and found out GOODWILL IS A RIP OFF!  Frames were just as expensive there as they are retail.  Luckily, they had a sale on certain colored tags so I had to spend and hour finding frames that would work.  After spray paint and pictures you get the following.
 I recently found crates online for 5 dollars. After spray paint and a few nails you get a printer and bookshelf for the desk I got for free. 
After new sheets and comforter we have my brand new room. Brent came home a few hours to early to have it all finished but I was pretty dang close and it is great because I seriously love my new room!

No comments: