Sunday, April 17, 2016

Harpers First Gymnastics Class

Harper has finally reached the age where she can take classes!  I decided to start her with Gymnastics.  Brent wasn't initially convinced but he quickly changed his tune. After the first lesson he was talking about practicing at home to improve her skills, I promptly reminded him that she is 2 and we are doing this for fun.

Maybe it was seeing this face once a week that made him want more.
The first week was a little rough.  Harper wasn't great at listening and kept trying to take London on the mat with her.
London would have LOVED to join the class and in one year she can!
The teacher was really good an leading a stretch and dance time and then opening the floor for the kids to decide what to do.
Brent is trying to get Harper to do donkey kicks.
This is a back somersault. I was a little less than gentle when I first tried helping... she lived but gave me a mighty glare!
One of her favorite games was racing across the balance beam.
Her favorite time was the sticker and stamp time at the end of class.  She would then spend the entire walk out to the car losing a sticker and making us retrace our steps until we found it.... At the end of the 2nd week I figured out that I took the stickers and gave them to her in the car.
This was such a cute community class.  From now on we are trying to do one class a month!

No comments: