Sunday, April 6, 2014

Nativity in Las Vegas

Brent and I used to feel a little alone living in Vegas.  Then the most wonderful thing happened, Toren, Audrey and Austin moved here!  We knew they loved us (or maybe they just knew how much they would love Harper) but we never realized it was enough to move here!  
(Disclaimer: they actually moved here because of a position in a company for Toren, not because of their extreme love for us, which does exist... challenge extended Maren)

One thing I love about them being here is all the fun things we get to enjoy together.  This Christmas season Toren invited us to visit a presentation of the Nativity.  Brent had to work late but Harper and I couldn't wait.
This was a brilliant presentation.  They even had real animal.  Austin insisted this was just a baby Donkey. I tried to explain the concept of a goat, but he was sure it was just the Donkey's baby.
Harper enjoying the show with Aunt Audrey in her Monkey suit!  She fell asleep about 5 minutes in.  The set was so amazing I asked "Man, what church puts this all together?"  The Answer: the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, who would have thought those Mormons care so much about the true meaning of Christmas.
I really wanted to get some pictures of the performance
Afterward we went inside the venue to view different nativities from all around the world and different walks of life.
Toren, Austin, and Audrey!
I really loved this one.  It was solid wood with intricate carving (as if the picture didn't tell you enough)
Another favorite one, made out of black stone.  I am not sure if it is onyx or something else.
My sleeping baby and me.  She was so little then!  What happened!?
It was a great night and I am so thankful for having these amazing opportunities to get out and enjoy a community event with family!

No comments: