Sunday, December 4, 2011

Our First Christmas Tree!

Four years.

That is how long Brent and I have been married and I am now willing to admit, we have NEVER had our own Christmas tree.  This year was different though.  We saw and artificial one at Lowes, but it way a little to expensive for us :(  So I took to the web and found one that was considerably cheaper but also considerably "dinkier."

Either way we set to decorating our tree. 
A big thanks to Christi and Mama Huntley for getting up the "Standard" Ornaments.  Since, we haven't had a tree before we hard to buy enough to make look luminous 

I thought all the kids visiting would want to help decorate but my nephew Micheal was the only one who could feel the magical Christmas.  Everything was pretty "Glitter" filled so Micheal and I were covered  by the end of it!
 As you can tell, we may have had more ornaments than tree! (Don't you LOVE my Spoon collection in the background.  I actually have another 14 spoons and need to get another case!)
 The final product. 
I really like having a tree.  It is small and overwhelmed with ornaments but I love the feeling and warmth it brings!

Great Start to a Wonderful Holiday SEASON!

4 comments:

Erica said...

Love the tree! :)

Maren said...

You can get a 5 foot one at Walmart for like $25 and prelit. That's what we did at the beginning of our marriage.

Dana and ohana said...

the more ornaments the better!!!!! i love your lil' tree

Cool Waters said...

The best day to go shopping for a tree is the day after thanksgiving or right after Christmas :) I used a JoAnn's coupon and got a tall skinny tree for $20 (pre-lit). But you have done well with your tree! Probably doesn't feel much like December with Vegas weather!