Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Sea World

Another staple in San Antonio is Sea World.  One of the first places that we hit when entering the park was... KID LAND!  I forget what it was actually called but it was little kid heaven.  Hunter was pretty suspicious of me the whole trip so I think I took him on the merry go round about 10 times, or it felt like it. 

 I also got some good bonding time with Evelyn.  She is a thrill seeker for sure!
This was a whale of a roller coaster!
 One of the nice parts about having family with a little more mom experience is they always take pity on the newest member of the gang.  They insisted on taking Harper so Brent and I could have a little time to go on some of the adult rides.   The walk was nice and we got to see these cool wildlife creatures made out of recyclables.
 There was also a fun penguin exhibit.  They had a little habitat for the baby penguins but you couldn't see into it and I was so annoyed.  Why would they dangle the idea of BABY penguins in front of me and not let me see them!
 Brent with his recyclable shark!
 They have a ton of shows and this is one of the little stages that currently wasn't being used.  WE wanted to get a really cute picture of the kids, but apparently none of ours were meant to be models.
 Doug and Kara have been to seaworld enough times that they know where to sit if you want to participate.  Doug sat with two of the boys in the right spot so Braden was chosen to help this detective sea lion solve an important case.
 Overall it was a great day at seaworld.  We ended the day at the orca show.  Brent and I were going to sit in the splash zone but at the last minute I decided to sit with the others on higher group because the idea of a wet Harper wasn't thrilling.  I am glad I did because Brent got SOAKED!  It was fun to see him and the others sitting below enjoy their torment but overall the show didn't impress me.
San Antonio was hot and humid (especially for february) but it had so much to offer! I can't wait to see where Kara and Doug end up next!  Of course I love exploring the country but I think getting together with Kara, Maren, Blake, Doug and all the kids is my favorite!  I think if we could follow them around the country more permanently we would!

No comments: